Sunday, August 7, 2011

Change of Title

Hi Everybody!

So I've decided to change the name of my blog title from Set Sail, to Joy in the Journey. Truly this time of adjustment into my new life of being a professional teacher will be a challenge, but a wonderful experience. I need to have joy in the journey! I attribute this change of title to a wonderful talk given by the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, President Monson. Joy in the Journey  is a fantastic talk about finding joy in the now, and not in some tomorrow. This is going to be my motto for the school year.

For my class, I want our motto to be "Be Like the Fish." I got this idea from a friend while she taught in one of our church meetings. Basically it means that we are going to choose to be happy, just like the fish are joyful in "Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog-Joy to the World." So, I am going to make a little quote on Word and then post it up on one of the cabinets so that my students and I can be reminded we are going to be like the fish and have joy, EVERYDAY!

After a week of great ideas from New Teacher Induction I have a little more work to do with my room and organizing, but I'm going to find joy in the journey. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and I can't wait to meet my 9 girls and 18 boys, yes, double the amount of boys to girls :)

Only two more weeks and then the work begins in earnest. Let's set sail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment